These tasty muffins pack in a load of antioxidants from the dark chocolate as well as the creamy, rich taste of the avocado. Avocado is considered the world’s healthiest fruit because of its nutrient contents such as Vitamin K, dietary fiber, folic acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and copper. Moreover, avocados provide us with ‘oleic acid,’ a monounsaturated fat that may help lower cholesterol. So, go ahead and dig in to these healthy, tasty muffins! —TheHealthyApple
In This Recipe
* 1 ripe avocado
* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
* 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup honey
* 3/4 cup almond milk (can also use soy milk, rice milk, hemp milk or coconut milk)
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 plums, sliced
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
* In a large bowl combine melted chocolate, vanilla, oil, milk, avocado, plums and honey. Puree until smooth.
* In a separate bowl mix together flour, coconut flakes, baking soda and baking powder; mix well.
* Mix the avocado puree with the dry ingredients; mix well.
* Pour into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until done.