If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make tomato basil salad almost every day when tomatoes hit the farmer's market. It's a hard combo to beat, but this year i was looking for a way to change it up a bit. So I gave this a shot. I think the creaminess of the mozzarella is a nice foil for the tart plums. —LizC
boneless chicken breasts, slightly flattened
Red plums, pitted and cut into 1 inch chunks
ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 1 inch pieces
cup fresh basil leaves
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil.
- Combine the plums, mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken.
- Serve the chicken with the plum and mozzarella salad spooned on top.
- To make this more of a meal, toss some arugula with lemon juice, olive oil and salt, and then place the chicken and plum salad on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums