"Cereal and Milk" cheesecake with peanut butter puff crust, a creamy no-bake peanut butter filling and peanut butter puffs cereal on top!
"Cereal and Milk" cheesecake with peanut butter puff crust, a creamy no-bake peanut butter filling and peanut butter puffs cereal on top!—Kitchen Tested
Peanut Butter Puff Crust
cups peanut butter puff cereal (2 cup finely ground crumbs)
cup unsalted butter, melted
cup peanut butter puff cereal
cup whole or 2% milk
ounces cream cheese, softened
teaspoon vanilla extract
cups whipped cream or whipped topping (such as cool whip)
- Crush the peanut butter puff cereal in a food processor or with a heavy rolling pin in a ziploc bag. Pour the cereal crumbs in a mixing bowl and stir together with the melted butter and salt until the texture of sand.
- Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish and freeze the crust until ready to fill, for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter puff cereal and milk and allow to soak for 30 minutes. Pour cereal and milk through a fine mesh sieve and discard the cereal.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the cereal-infused milk, vanilla extract and salt and whisk together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream and pour the cheesecake filling into the pie shell.
- Freeze the cheesecake for 2 hours or refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set up then top with more peanut butter puff cereal and serve with a drizzle of melted creamy peanut butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts