Author Notes: A simple, elegant, and rich but refreshing dessert for days that you don't want to heat up the kitchen. This dessert is a mash-up of a Pavlova and a Trifle. —Lisa Nicholson
ounces Meringue kisses, vanilla (about 40 small)
cups fresh berries
cup berry jam
cups heavy whipping cream
- Mix berries (sliced if strawberries are used) and jam and set aside for 1/2 hour to macerate.
- Whip cream and sugar together to form light peaks.
- Use 4-5 clear glass dishes or glasses for assembly of desserts: wine glasses look lovely.
- Layer the ingredients, starting with kisses on the bottom, whipping cream second, fruit third, and then repeat with a second layer of each, saving one kiss for the top.
- Best prepared 1-4 hours in advance and chilled in the refrigerator to allow the cream and fruit juice to start absorbing into the kisses.
- Also delicious with sliced stone fruits in season and with lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese in place of whipping cream.