If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, elegant, and rich but refreshing dessert for days that you don't want to heat up the kitchen. This dessert is a mash-up of a Pavlova and a Trifle. —Lisa Nicholson
- 4 ounces Meringue kisses, vanilla (about 40 small)
- 2-1/2 cups fresh berries
- 1/4 cup berry jam
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix berries (sliced if strawberries are used) and jam and set aside for 1/2 hour to macerate.
- Whip cream and sugar together to form light peaks.
- Use 4-5 clear glass dishes or glasses for assembly of desserts: wine glasses look lovely.
- Layer the ingredients, starting with kisses on the bottom, whipping cream second, fruit third, and then repeat with a second layer of each, saving one kiss for the top.
- Best prepared 1-4 hours in advance and chilled in the refrigerator to allow the cream and fruit juice to start absorbing into the kisses.
- Also delicious with sliced stone fruits in season and with lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese in place of whipping cream.