If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thick & Rich Homemade French Toast is slathered in Nutella stuffed with Strawberries and topped with Fresh Whipped Cream & Chocolate Shavings for a little something extra. This Nutella Strawberry French Toast will be you’re new favorite breakfast dessert! —Elizabeth Waterson
Nutella Strawberry Cream Topping
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 6 ounces Cadbury Milk Chocolate
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 10 Van de Kamp French Toast Bread
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on, add the cream and powdered sugar. Beat on low at first so the sugar combines without a storm then gradually go to the high setting and beat until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream in fridge until ready to use. While cream is whipping I sliced my strawberries and got the Nutella ready and used a vegetable peeler to create chocolate shavings from the chocolate bar.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and melted butter together. Whisk in flour. Place one piece of the bread in the egg batter. Press it down a little then flip the piece of bread over and let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Put a large skilled on a burner over medium heat. Add a little bit of butter. Place the soaked bread in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. *If Cooking for a crowd I turn my oven on to 200F and place the cooked french toast in a pan until they're all done*
- Place cooked French toast on a plate, spread on a tablespoon or two of Nutella, sprinkle on some strawberries and if you live your life in excess take another piece of French toast spread a little bit of Nutella on that and place that Nutella face down on top of the strawberries on the other piece of French toast. Add a few more strawberries on top a dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate shavings.