If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the tourist season gets slow in Maui, the locals get a great deal from Wolfgagn Puck's fancy restaurant, Spago....Two-fers...two dinners for the price of one. I always order the same thing...whole Thai snapper. It will be a while before I'm on island again so I decided to try to make it myself. The marinade contains the same ingredients that I have used on chicken and meat recipes. —dymnyno
- 1 1/2 lb whole Thai snapper
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs pomegranite molasses
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 2" x 2" chunk of fresh ginger
- 4 whole green onions
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- Chop up the ginger and the green onions.
- Add the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, pomegranite molasses, lime zest and lime juice and mix together.
- Check the fish...I once bought a huge fish that was not cleaned or scaled by mistake!!!
- Then, make a few slashes on each side of the fish and fill with the mixture. Fill the cavity with some too.
- Put in a shallow dish and spread the leftover mixture over the fish and marinate for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the marinade and brush off the excess mixture and grill over hot coals until done.
- Bone and fillet. Reduce any leftover marinade mixture and pour over the fish or make a nice mango salsa.
- MANGO SALSA I diced 1/2 a ripe mango, 1/2 cup diced red or maui onions, squeezed 1/2 lime, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 tbs rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp pomegranite molasses , 1 tbs grated coconut and mixed together.