If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bulgur is a delicious way to eat whole grains in a wide variety of recipes. It is has a fluffy texture and is very filling. —Palouse Brand
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup hard red winter wheat berries
- Place water in large bowl.
- Add wheat and allow to soak until the liquid is absorbed and wheat is tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Thoroughly drain and pat wheat berries dry.
- Spread drained wheat berries thinly on a baking or cookie sheet and place in oven at 200° until dry enough to crack easily, usually about an hour. Crack wheat in a grain mill, blender or with a zip lock bag and a rolling pin.
- Sift out the smallest flour-like bits (they will form a paste you don’t want in your recipe.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins