If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a complete accident - I was working as a pastry chef and accidentally added cardamom to a sorbet base when it was intended for a cake batter. I decided to spin the base anyway and have been addicted ever since! —Meghan Young
Makes 1.5 qt
- 500 grams red plum puree
- 500 grams water
- 275 grams granulated sugar
- 60 grams light corn syrup
- 1 piece vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 piece lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Place puree in a two-quart container. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover the pot with plastic wrap, and allow ingredients to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup and combine with puree. Chill sorbet base before spinning in an ice cream machine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts