If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Check out goodmamagracie.com for more like this!! This is a simple (clean and vegan) recipe for homemade chocolate. You can add any flavorings you desire to make it your own! Just remember to store in the fridge and eat within 2 weeks! (If you can wait that long.) This recipe was adapted from an old Argentine recipe. —Grace Spruance
Makes 1 large chocolate bar
- 1 cup Cacao Butter (pure organic, from South America)
- 1 cup Organic Fermented Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- pinches Fine Grain Sea Salt
- Melt the brick of cacao butter with the maple syrup while whisking briskly.
- Once melted add the vanilla and the fine sea salt. Whisk until salt is dissolved and everything is combined.
- Pour over the cocoa powder and whisk until all combined. It should be a slightly fudgy, syrupy, texture.
- Pour into silicone molds or into a wax paper small rectangle pyrex- this is what I used. Immediately freeze until solid. Store in the fridge after it has hardened for up to 2 weeks.