If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Biscuits, as the cookie is known in Australia, don't come much better than this! Slightly chewy, slightly salty and perfectly caramel, these biscuits are a total hit with children and adults alike —Georgia Leaker
grams quality white chocolate
grams unsalted butter, softened
grams brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
grams self raising flour
tablespoons icing (powdered) sugar
teaspoon bicarb soda
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 10-second bursts or until it's completely melted. Stir in the butter until it's completely smooth and then stir in the brown sugar. Leave to cool
- Whisk the vanilla into the egg and then mix these into the cooled butter/brown sugar/chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour and bicarb soda into the chocolate mix and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and then pour the icing sugar into a shallow dish
- Divide the dough into 30 equal size balls and roll these in the icing sugar, coating them thickly. Set them on baking paper-lined cookie sheets, giving them space to spread
- Bake for 10 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, sprinkle with salt and then leave for a further 30 seconds before moving them to a wire rack to cool. Biscuits will keep in an airtight container for 5 days