If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simplicity, ease, and a nice crunch. Using tomato chutney allows you to enjoy the rich flavors of tomato no matter the season. Nigella seeds complement the onion and add a great textural component. —lior lev sercarz
Makes: one 9" tart
pieces puff pastry sheets or malawach dough, 9" circles
cup tomato chutney (prefer Le Bon Magot brand)
ounces crumbled goat cheese
tablespoon whole nigella seeds
medium onion, thinly sliced
cup finely grated grana padano or parmigiano reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a pie dish or baking sheet with butter and lay down the first dough circle, spread the chutney evenly over the surface, then the onions, half the nigella seeds, the goat cheese, and half the grated cheese.
- Top with the other pastry disk and pinch the edges closed. Top with the remaining grated cheese and the nigella seeds.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until crisp and browned. Allow to cool on a rack, then serve in slices.
- Also great filled with fresh fruits, ricotta, and powdered sugar with , or lamb, spinach, and my Kibbeh spice!
- Here is a link to the chutney: http://www.lebonmagot.com/our-products/tomato-and-white-sultana-chutney