If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The BCLT is a delectable twist on the BLT, with bacon, gooey fried cheese, lettuce and slow roasted tomatoes.
The frying cheese I used has bacon crumbles already incorporated, but if you can only find plain frying cheese, cook and crumble a couple slices of bacon over the tomatoes before serving. —CherylDLee
Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 medium vine ripened tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet Juusto Baked Cheese with Bacon Crumbles, cut into 6 pieces
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups slow roasted tomatoes, room temperature
- Turn oven to low setting or 200°F.
- Place tomatoes, oregano and salt onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Roast the tomatoes for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the tomatoes are soft and wrinkled.
- Let the tomatoes cool, then store with their oil in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Warm a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Warm the cheese pieces in the skillet, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is moist and heated through.
- While the cheese is warming, place the mixed greens onto a large plate.
- Place the cheese pieces onto the mixed greens, then top with the roasted tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper