If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What to do with all that tomato water after canning tomatoes? Make sangrita. Sangrita (Little Blood) is served ice cold in Mexico next to a shot of excellent tequila. Doesn't that sound like a good way to congratulate yourself when the jars start pinging? —MrsWheelbarrow
- 1 cup tomato water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a 2-cup measuring cup or jar, add the tomato water, lime juice, orange juice, onion, and hot sauce. Stir vigorously.
- Chill one hour. Conveniently, about the time it takes to cook and process crushed tomatoes.
- Stir the ice cold sangrita well and pour into a shot glass. Into another shot glass, pour the tequila. Enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!