If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've never been much of a tomato person, so the fact I am willing to blanch tomatoes, which in my opinion is one of the weirdest things to do to a tomato, in order to make this perfect summer dish is certainly saying something. The number of tomatoes really depends on the size of them- for smaller use 8-10 while if you've got those real big ones, stick to around 6. —Clara Mora
- 6-10 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of spaghetti
- 1 pinch salt
- Boil water in a large pot or saucepan.
- Prepare another bowl filled with cold water and set aside
- While the water is boiling, add tomatoes one at a time to pot for 10-15 seconds.
- Take each tomato out and place them in the bowl of cold water for 30 seconds.
- Peel the skin off of each tomato.
- Dice tomatoes and add to bowl. Mash them with masher or bottom of spoon.
- Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, and basil. Add salt and add more as necessary.
- Press and add garlic. Stir all together and let sit covered in a fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Make spaghetti according to box instructions. Add cheese to tomato mixture and and add to spaghetti and toss.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper