This is adapted from great family friends who are Armenian. Surely there's a more authentic recipe (and name!) out there, but here's the version that became a staple in my house growing up and now, in my own kitchen. —Midge
Test Kitchen Notes
The Lulu Kabobs are perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you want a little bit of an exotic flavor. They were easy to make and tasty. I broiled them, but would recommend the grill as the house did get a bit smoky. The veggies and yogurt made a great pita sandwich with these meatballs. - TheGingerCook
- Serves 2-3
garlic cloves, minced
fresh parsley, chopped
allspice, freshly ground
Greek yogurt (full fat)
chopped red onion
fresh dill or parsley, chopped
any pickled veggies
- Blend together all ingredients except for lamb.
- Gently fold in lamb to the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into oblong balls, sort of egg-shaped but bigger (so it fits nicely tucked into pita bread).
- Broil or grill for about 7-8 minutes per side.
- Serve in pita bread with yogurt, assorted veggies, pickles, and herbs.