If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In honor of "National Rum Day," August 16th, and with a surplus of raisins on hand, I thought a rum raisin cocktail would be appropriate. This drink benefits greatly from decent bitters and home-whipped cream. But anything you have on hand works nicely. The whipped cream can be replaced with just a splash of milk or cream, and the bitters can be replaced with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, or skipped entirely, especially with a good spiced rum.
I borrowed the concept for the raisin syrup from Morgan at http://www.foodietails.com/2014/09/14/rum-raisin-old-fashioned/ —Dr.Insomnia
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce raisin syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 2 dashes spiced bitters
- Begin by making raisin syrup. Combine raisins, sugar, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer syrup for 30 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Strain raisins from syrup.
- Combine rum, raisin syrup, whipped cream, and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Shake thoroughly and strain into ice-filled Old Fashioned glass.
More Great Recipes: