If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, tangy, and refreshing. A good way to use up some of your tomato bounty. Add some vodka and you got yourself a fancy cocktail. —Colleen Stem
Makes 5 ish cups
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (any variety)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1 cup water
- 3 1/2- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey (This is optional. I make it without any sweetener)
- a few basil leaves and tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Dump tomatoes into a pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to boil then cover and turn heat to a medium low heat. Cook tomatoes down for about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have reduced about 1/3 and is almost sauce like.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the tomato mixture into pitcher or jug that you can serve your drinks from. Use a wood spoon or spatula to scrap the tomato around strainer to really make sure you get all the juicy goodness. Let tomato juice cool. While cooling, juice lemons until you get a cup of fresh lemon juice. Add lemon juice to cool tomato juice along with 3 1/2 cups water. Mix and taste. If you think it needs a little sweetener, add a little in. If you think it tastes to strong, add in more water.
- Good stir, ice in cups, a 2-3oz shot of vodka per 8-12oz cup of lemonade (the ratio is up to you my friend)… and your sitting pretty. Feeling a little fancy, take a basil leaf and wrap around a cherry tomato. Stab it with a tooth pick and garnish your drink. It makes for a good snack too. Sit back, sip and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper