If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to submit a recipe that would accent the heirloom tomato, by combining flavors commonly used in fresh Italian cooking. I've combined all fresh ingredients that come together perfectly. Serve as an accompaniment to artisan cheeses, Italian charcuterie, and pair with wines from Sonoma Valley. —Ryan Briw
- 4 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 Mini Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Mini Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Large Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Red Peppadews
- 1/4 cup Golden Peppadews
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- First wash all fresh ingredients. Take the heirloom tomatoes and slice into cubes, set aside. Chop fresh basil, Italian parsley, and rosemary, set aside. Dice red onion, mini bell peppers, and cucumber into small cubes, set aside. Mince fresh garlic, red and golden peppadews, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all fresh ingredients. Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the dry spices, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve combine the flavors by stirring lightly with a wooden spoon. Strain any excess liquid from the bowl. Plate with rustic artisan crackers, cheeses, and Italian cured meats. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano crumbles and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper