If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almond ice cream that is vegan and made with chickpeas! This ice cream is so good, you won't even notice its dairy-free! —Palouse Brand
cups dried garbanzo beans
packets Stevia (1.75 oz)
cup almond butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon almond extract
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons shredded coconut
- Soak Garbanzo Beans in cool water overnight.
- Soak 3 dates overnight in a large cup of water in the refrigerator.
- Rinse beans & discard water. Place 6 cups of water in a large pot, bring to a boil and add the chickpeas, reduce heat to a slow boil for 1 hour, making sure they are always covered with water.
- Rinse beans under cold water until cool.
- Spread on a baking sheet and remove skins (makes for creamier ice cream).
- Process the re-hydrated dates in a blender with a little of the soaking liquid until they are of a good consistency.
- Add the vanilla and almond milk to blender and puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy (you can add a little more vanilla almond milk if necessary).
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours and then transfer to your ice cream maker. This will speed up the process.