Almond ice cream that is vegan and made with chickpeas! This ice cream is so good, you won't even notice its dairy-free!
Almond ice cream that is vegan and made with chickpeas! This ice cream is so good, you won't even notice its dairy-free!—Palouse Brand
cups dried garbanzo beans
packets Stevia (1.75 oz)
cup almond butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon almond extract
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons shredded coconut
In This Recipe
- Soak Garbanzo Beans in cool water overnight.
- Soak 3 dates overnight in a large cup of water in the refrigerator.
- Rinse beans & discard water. Place 6 cups of water in a large pot, bring to a boil and add the chickpeas, reduce heat to a slow boil for 1 hour, making sure they are always covered with water.
- Rinse beans under cold water until cool.
- Spread on a baking sheet and remove skins (makes for creamier ice cream).
- Process the re-hydrated dates in a blender with a little of the soaking liquid until they are of a good consistency.
- Add the vanilla and almond milk to blender and puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy (you can add a little more vanilla almond milk if necessary).
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours and then transfer to your ice cream maker. This will speed up the process.