If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect summer pasta - vine-ripened tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic, and just a bit of olive oil left to marinate... make the pasta and mix 'em up! So fresh, so easy, so gooooood! You can see it made here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm90sazW5y8 —KitchAnnette | Annette Zito
- 4-5 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 8 ounces mozzarella, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1) Add tomatoes and mozzarella to a large bowl. Add the garlic, onion, basil, salt & pepper, then the olive oil. Mix well. Let sit for about an hour.
- 2) Cook pasta according to package instructions after the hour’s up and drain.
- 3) Pour the tomato mixture into the hot pasta and mix well. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper
More Great Recipes: Entrees