If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a take on tomato sauce using cherry tomatoes. Recommended to be enjoyed with pasta or bread. —Andrew Schiavone
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Parlsey
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 quart Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Onion
- 14 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 pieces Cloves of Garlic
- Finely dice 1 white onion, cut 6 cloves of Garlic in half - 3 halves should be smashed and the rest finely diced, and finely dice half of the cherry tomatoes and cut the rest in half.
- Turn the stove to low heat and add 4 tablespoons to your pan. Once oil is heated, add all the onion and all garlic to the pot.
- After 15 minutes add all cherry tomatoes. Add crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Cover pot and let simmer.
- After 15 minutes, remove lid and stir sauce. Add the crushed tomatoes, the parlsey, the oregano, the brown sugar, and one cup of water. Stir and put lid back on the pot.
- After 40 minutes (1 hour total) remove the lid and add a quarter of shaved parmesan cheese and stir. At this point the sauce should be ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper