If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The chocolate crust is soft and rich, deep in cacao flavour from the paste. While the matcha cream is bright and light and cuts through the depth of the crust. The fresh berries bring juiciness and a burst of new flavour to each bite and, almost, cleanses the palate, ready for the next bite. —Amy Levin
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao paste or baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
- In a food processor pulse the first four ingredients to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process to bring together into a loose ball. Adjust the amount of water as needed to achieve this texture. The mix shouldn’t ball up in the machine, we don’t need it that moist.
- Line a baking tin with cling film or use a silicone baking mould of your choice. I used a rectangular flan tin ( 36 x 12 cm or 14 x 4.5-inch ).
- Press the crust evenly into the tin and then place in the fridge to set while you make the cream.
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened or melted
- 1/3 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons matcha tea powder
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Combine all ingredients, except warm water, in a blender and process until it’s smooth.
- With the blender running on low speed, drizzle in the water through the feed hole in the top.
- Pour the mix into your prepared crust and place in the fridge to partially set – about 15 minutes.
- While that’s setting, wash your blueberries ( you’ll need about 350g or 2 cups ).
- When the cream is soft to the touch but not too soft, place the blueberries on top in whatever way you desire.
- You could also use a mix of berries, or no berries at all. But the berries make it pretty 🙂
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set completely – about 1 hour – and then slice.
- It will store well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for several months.