If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We’re dreaming of fall apple picking with these cast iron olive oil and apple cakes! —Eden Passante
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups Olive Oil
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pressed apple cider
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 red apples sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment add all of the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- On slow speed, add in the flour mixture and orange zest. Beat on high for a few seconds until smooth. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into 4 mini, lightly-greased cast iron skillets.
- Arrange sliced apples in each pan. About 1 apple per pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until done.