If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This smoothie offers the tropical flavors of lime, coconut, banana, and avocado in a rich, exotic blend that’s enhanced with the nutritional benefits of fresh greens and matcha green tea powder. If you’ve never tried matcha in a smoothie before, prepare yourself for an energizing kick. Matcha is a natural source of caffeine, and it’s rich in disease-fighting antioxidants. On its own, it has a slightly bitter, toasted flavor, but you won’t detect so much as a hint of bitterness when you blend the powder into a sweet, refreshing smoothie bowl. I happen to think that this smoothie tastes like key lime pie: creamy, tart, tropical, and sweet all at once. —Angela Liddon
Makes 1 bowl (2 cups)
For the smoothie:
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/4 cup packed avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (from 1 large lime)
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder, or to taste
For topping suggestions:
- Fresh sliced mango, pineapple, and/or banana
- Melted coconut butter
- Large-flake coconut
- Hemp hearts
- In a high-speed blender, combine all the smoothie ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness, if desired.
- Pour into a bowl and add the toppings of your choice. Enjoy with a spoon!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!