If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A frozen dessert with a grain-free, egg-free, and sugar-free crust. The filling is refined sugar-free too, only using the sweetness of fresh blueberries and coconut cream. Best served cold, this dessert is a major hit for raw foodists, vegans, Candida Killers, Paleo Warriors, and JERF types. —albjournal
Makes 1 pie
- 1 cup Arrowroot flour
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3/4 cup Coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour and arrowroot flour. Add salt and mix.
- Using a pastry cutter and/or two forks, cut in the cold coconut oil into pea size balls. Use the cold water slowly to bring the clumps together into a crumbly dough. Don't mix too much, only until combined.
- Get a deep pie dish. Using your hands, spread mixture evenly along bottoms and the sides. Push firmly into the dish. With a fork, make holes in the crust all over the bottom.
- Brush melted coconut over bottom.
- Place crust in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool completely. While pie crust is cooling, prepare filling.
- 2 Cans coconut cream, cold
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- In a cold metal bowl, put only the solid coconut cream from both cans in. Don't add any of the liquid (save this for smoothies, etc.). Add zest of 1 lemon, sea salt, coconut oil, and vanilla bean powder.
- Whip coconut cream until firm peaks form, or it's the consistency of whipped cream.
- Take half of the batter and fold it into the pie crust. Smooth it out to about halfway up the crust. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While base is firming, blend blueberries into a puree. Fold the blueberry mixture into the remaining whipped coconut cream. It will be more liquid.
- Take base out of the freezer and pour blueberry cream on top, and sprinkle with coconut. Do this step quickly as to not let the base start to thaw.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pie and place in fridge for another 30 minutes, or until top layer is firm.
- Slice and serve.
- NOTES: I like to keep this pie in the freezer after the first serve. The pie is delicious solid as it is a little thawed. Just take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving