If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Split peas are not just for soup! They shine in this pasta salad recipe with fresh tomatoes and lemon basil dressing. —Palouse Brand
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups Farfalle pasta
- 5 cups water
- 5-6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 7-8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add split peas, reduce heat to a soft boil for approximately 25 minutes or until they are just tender. Drain and rinse until cool while preparing the remainder of the salad.
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta and reduce heat to a soft boil until pasta is cooked, but not over cooked. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil, minced garlic and oregano. Sauté until garlic becomes tender and slightly brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice, stir together and set aside until cool.
- Place all ingredients together and toss with dressing, add some shredded cheese if you like and it is ready to serve.