If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Molten lava cake —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 6 cakes
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Grease six ramekins, and line with a disk of parchment at the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, stir until melted and smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a hand-held electric mixer until thick, pale and ribbony. Beat in flour. Then slowly add the chocolate mixture while beating.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the ramekins and chill.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400F. Bake the cake until the top is set, around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for five minutes before inverting onto individual serving plate. Top with vanilla ice cream, berries or caramel sauce.