Molten lava cake
Molten lava cake—Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 6 cakes
ounces dark chocolate
cup unsalted butter
cup granulated sugar
cup all purpose flour
In This Recipe
- Grease six ramekins, and line with a disk of parchment at the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, stir until melted and smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a hand-held electric mixer until thick, pale and ribbony. Beat in flour. Then slowly add the chocolate mixture while beating.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the ramekins and chill.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400F. Bake the cake until the top is set, around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for five minutes before inverting onto individual serving plate. Top with vanilla ice cream, berries or caramel sauce.