If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Refreshing and vibriant Vietnamese chicken salad with red cabbages, fish sauce, cucumber and spicy ginger fish sauce
Makes 2 large salads
- 2 pieces chicken boneless thigh
- 1 cucumber (cut into strips)
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups cabbage (thinly shredded)
- 2 cups red cabbage (thinly shredded)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups water (for boiling chicken)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut soda or water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili paste (optional)
- Place 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and boil the chicken until soften, around 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl filled of ice water. Then shredded the chicken
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until dissolved.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, except peanuts
- Toss the dressing with the salad and garnish with peanuts. Serve immediately