If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is a staple in my house since it's so easy to make and tastes great. I add in the red pepper flakes to make it a little spicy, but they can be omitted. —Tess
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A pinches of salt
- A pinches of black pepper
- 1 pound mixed seafood, such as squid, clams, shrimp, scallops, etc.
- 28 ounces tomato puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound mussels
- 4 white fish fillets, such as flounder
- Put half of the olive oil (2 tbsp) in a large pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and onions. Cook for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and the rest of the olive oil to the onions and garlic and cook until they have softened, about 3 more minutes.
- Add in the mussels and leave for about 2 minutes, or until the mussels have opened up. Add in the fillets and cook for another five minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Serve hot.