If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Apples, Carrots, Zucchini and Nuts make this a powerhouse muffin! They are the perfect way to start the fall season and use the end of the season zucchini! —BerryBaby
- 3 cups All purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 Large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple shredded
- 1 cup Zucchini shredded
- 1 cup Carrot shredded (equals approx. 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (almonds or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Line cupcake pan(s) with liners. (Or, if making muffin tops, spray small pie tins with baking spray.) Set aside.
- Using a food processor with the grate/shred blade, shred the apple and measure out one cup. Save the remainder for a slaw salad.
- Proceed to shred carrots, measure, save remainder for the slaw salad. And, do the same with the zucchini.
- Mix together the oil, sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the oil mixture until it is all incorporated. Do not over mix!
- The batter will be extremely thick at this point. DO NOT add any liquid!
- Mix in the carrots, apples and zucchini until all is coated. Fold in nuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.
- If using pie tins (these make Muffin Tops!) use a little less than a scoop of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- These are best eaten the next day....gives all the spices a chance to bloom!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins