If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy slow cooked dish of short ribs topped with sliced potatoes. Baked until the potatoes are crisp on the top and the beef is falling off the bone below —Claire Preen
- 4 Beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons All purpose flour, seasoned with a little salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chopped rosemary
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Coarse black pepper
- 1 cup Kale, finely chopped
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 quart Beef stock
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Coat the short ribs in the seasoned flour
- Place a baking tray on top of the stove and heat 2 tbsp of the oil, Brown the short ribs
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onions, garlic and rosemary to tray and cook for 5 minutes until onions and garlic are soft
- Cover the short ribs with the beef stock, add the salt and pepper, cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake at 190F for 18 hours
- Take beef out the oven and skim off any fat from the top. The beef should be falling off the bones at this stage
- Add the kale (stir it into the gravy) and then top the dish off with the sliced potatoes. Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining 2 tbsp of oil over the potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper
- Bake at 450F for about 1 hour until potatoes are cooked through and brown on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner