If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom always made these meatballs when I was a kid, but she made them far less spicy that her recipe indicated for my sister and me. I've updated the recipe, adding back in the spice for my hot-sauce lovin' boyfriend, and adding some more flavor to the meat itself. Serve over rice for an entree, or with picks for snacks. Can be made in slow cooker or on the spot. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (2 T reserved for sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups panko
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- fresh grated ginger (about the size of a garlic clove)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) peach jam
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, panko, 1 T soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper. Roll into meatballs. In a skillet, with a splash of oil, brown on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and whisk to combine. Add meatballs. Add enough water to cover.
- Heat on high for 4 hours, or all day on low. Serve.
- Quick method: Cook meatballs all the way through in skillet (versus just browning). Bring sauce to a boil in saucepan, add meatballs to coat. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs