If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Experimenting with new flavor combinations and inspired by "Ciao Bella's" key lime graham gelato, I am experimenting with "Akvavit," (caraway spirits), wild Maine blueberries while they are available, Greek yogurt, honey, lime, and toasted caraway seeds. I have used a healthy chocolate cookie which is gluten free in place of graham crackers. This is almost a savory frozen dessert. You have to like caraway to appreciate this. —Sagegreen
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt, fage
- 2 tablespoons honey, like acacia, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds, ground
- 2 ounces wild Maine blueberries or other really good type
- 2 ounces loosely broken-up graham cracker or chocolate biscuit cookie like Josef's gluten free squares
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon key lime zest
- 1 ounce Akvavit
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted caraway seeds for garnish
- additional splash of Akvavit for serving
- 4 ounces additional fresh blueberries for serving
- garnish of fresh mint leaf sprig
- Mix the honey with the yogurt to taste.
- Add the Maine blueberries, broken graham cracker or chocolate biscuit bits, ground caraway, lime juice and zest, and akvavit; process in a blender.
- Pour into 2 freezer-proof molds (@4 oz. large). Freeze the mix.
- Invert each serving from the mold; let soften 5-8 minutes. Toast caraway seeds for 1-2 minutes in skillet or in the toaster oven. To the softened yogurt add fresh blueberries, freshly toasted caraway seeds, mint, and a splash of akvavit.