If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 all-purpose, spelt, or whole wheat pastry flour (use gluten-free certified oat flour to make the recipe gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or canola oil, or safflower oil, or melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lightly oil 8 muffin cups. Place the oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, walnuts, and dates into a large mixing bowl and whisk them all together.
- Whisk together the almond milk, oil, applesauce, and syrup in a separate, medium-sized bowl. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix evenly. Scoop the mixture by the 1/3 cup into your prepared muffin cups. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until the cakes are lightly golden. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!