If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: adapted from smitten kitchen
Note1: Sugar. Use whichever sugar you like, maybe brown sugar with spices, honey and white sugar with a bit more salt, white sugar and vanilla for something traditional. Dennis prefers white sugar with cinnamon, I like brown sugar and molasses with nutmeg.
Note2: Preheating Oven. You can totally put this cake in an not quite hot oven. I like to turn the oven on, when I begin to mix the batter. If your oven is older/slower, you may want to start sooner.
Note3: Fruit. This cake works well with pears (the original, wonderful version by Deb Perelman), apples and other fruit. Adjust baking time accordingly. —sarah
Makes: 1 23cmø cake
grams AP Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Brown your butter and let sit
- Prepare your plums and cut them into quarters or eighths, depending on size
- Whip eggs until airy and light in colour
- Add sugar and whip until mixture is homogeneous
- Alternately add butter and flour with baking powder and salt, fold in gently
- Pour into baking dish and top with plums, fit them as snugly as possible
- Bake for 45-60 mins