If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so simple and just about hands free. Salt is not needed as the meats will provide all you need. If you don't have a turkey wing, you can use a turkey leg or a smoked ham hock. toss in a leftover pork chop or country style spareribs. Oh, and it freezes and reheats very well.
Serves 6-8 servings
- 1 pound Cannellini Beans, sorted and soaked overnight in water.
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Smoked turkey wing, tip included, separated at joints
- 1 pound Smoked ham or pork shoulder
- 1 ham bone leftover from a previously cooked ham
- 2 or 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 or 3 cups Chicken Stock
- Place all ingredients into crock pot.
- Pour chicken stock over everything until it comes to just about even with ingredients.
- Put crock pot on low setting, cover and cook for 8-9 hours.
- Just before serving, fish around for the bones and skin. Remove and discard.
- Serve with a good crusty bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall