If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a twist on a classic that is loved by the whole family. Traditional banana bread with coconut and blueberries —Melissa Delport
cup melted butter
teaspoon vanilla paste
teaspoon baking soda
cups cake flour
cup desiccated coconut
fresh banana to top the bread
tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease your bread loaf tin a 4x8 inch or 10 x 20cm
- In a large bowl using an electronic mixer mix the butter and the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda and salt and mix it into the batter
- Add the flour and coconut and beat, do not over beat the batter. Using a spatula gently fold in blueberries. Be carseful to not break them as you will get a blue banana bread. Top the bread with the sliced banana and sprinkle the top with the sugar. This will result in a perfect crust.
- Add your mixture to the baking tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow cooling on your cooling rack in the tin for 15 minutes and then let it cool further out of the tin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall