If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are hard not to eat right off the cookie sheet — 100% whole wheat flour helps these stay moist, fudgey, and extra super gooey. —Community Grains
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour (like Community Grains Hard Red Winter Wheat Flour)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Place both sticks of butter on counter to soften, about 1-2 hours.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer place both sticks of softened butter and cream on low with paddle attachment. Add the sugars and cream the butter with the speed on medium-high, until the mixture becomes fluffy and lighter in color. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until just incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Once the cookie dough is thoroughly chilled, scoop golf-ball sized balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will look under done when you remove them from the oven – don’t worry, as they will continue to cook!
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove them from the cookie sheet. Enjoy immediately after they cool or store in an airtight container for later!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall