If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a staple recipe I cook for friends and family. (for my kids I substitute white potatoes) but it really tastes best with sweet. My friends once asked what type of steak I used because the balsamic vinegar marinated the chicken so tender it looked dark like steak and melted in their mouths. We now call this recipe - Chicken Steak when they ask me to make it. It also is wonderful because its Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Paleo, which a lot of my friends eat. —dawn
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Marinate chicken in balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and dried herbs for 1-2 hours. While Marinating set oven to 425 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes, dry and coat them with olive oil and sea salt. Wash garlic head, dry and coat with olive oil and sea salt. Bake the sweet potatoes and the head of garlic at 425 for 45 min or until soft. Remove both and keep warm.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to Med. High heat with the 1 Tbs. of Olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade and begin searing in skillet until cooked through and crispy on the outside. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cut the Sweet Potato open, Squeeze the roasted Garlic into potato, drizzle with remaining olive oil and sea salt. Fill potato with the Balsamic Chicken. Top with fresh chives and serve hot.