If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Completely refined sugar-free and easily altered to fit any dairy-free needs. We use organic coffee beans, grass-fed heavy whipping cream, organic pumpkin puree, and an assortment of organic spices. And for those of you who prefer a non dairy beverage, you can easily substitute the heavy cream with coconut milk. This recipe is quick and fun. You’ll be sipping your coffee while wearing your favorite fall sweater or scarf in no time! —The Avant-Garden
Makes 2-4 cups
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or substitute with coconut milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon, ground
- 2-6 cinnamon sticks (garnis)
- coffee grinder
- french press (or standard coffee maker)
- blender (or wire whisk)
- PREPARING YOUR PUMPKIN CREAM 1. Spoon out the pumpkin puree and pour the heavy whipping cream into a blender and mix until smooth. TIP: If you don’t have a blender you can easily mix your two ingredients by hand using a wire whisk.
- 2. Once the cream and pumpkin are fully mixed, pour into an airtight container (mason jars work wonders) and refrigerate until needed.
- PREPARING YOUR PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE 3. In a coffee grinder, combine the coffee beans and spices and pulse until finely ground.
- 4. Transfer the coffee and spice mixture to your coffeemaker (we use a french press) and brew for 1o minutes or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 5. Divide a desired amount of pumpkin cream among 1-4 mugs, then fill with freshly brewed coffee, stir to combine.
- 6. Top each cup with a light dusting of ground cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick or two! Serve immediately and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall