If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tomato based garbanzo bean soup is full of vegetables and the twist of fennel seed will keep you taste buds dancing the whole bowl through.
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, medium sliced
- 3 celery stalks, medium sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 18 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Soak Garbanzo Beans in cool water overnight.
- Rinse beans & discard water. Place 2 cups of water in a large pot, bring to a boil and add the chickpeas, reduce heat to a slow boil for 45 min, making sure they are always covered with water.
- Rinse beans under cold water until cool.
- Spread on a baking sheet and remove skins.
- Heat olive oil in large pot and sauté onion for approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, celery and fennel seed. Cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, chickpeas, and vegetable broth and, gently boil for approximately 15 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and spinach. Continue cooking for approximately 2 minutes.
- Season with oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper, stir well, remove from heat, place lid on pot, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall