If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Fall my family asks me to make pumpkin muffins, or pie or cheesecake, basically anything pumpkin! These muffins are a repeat in my family that signal autumn to me. Usually I will roast a pumpkin for this recipe, but they aren't exactly in season just yet. —Rebecca Morales
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour (unbleached)
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 5.3 ounces Vanilla greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 handful salted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl (not your mixing bowl), combine all dry ingredients including spices but not the sugar.
- In your mixer, beat eggs on high until some air has been incorporated. Reduce to medium and add oil. Once oil is well incorporated add sugar then pumpkin puree and vanilla
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternate adding dry ingredients and yogurt. Beginning and ending with dry. Mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter about 3/4 of the way full into each cup of a lined muffin tin. If you are not using liners, make sure to butter your muffin tray.
- Chop pistachios and sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake approx. 24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of muffin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins