If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hybrid between pumpkin and banana bread. I wanted to create something light enough to french toastify later on. Spelt and oat flours help to keep this bread tender and lofty, but still irresistible on it's own if you just want to slice and enjoy it with a cup of coffee. Fall is here. —Oat&Sesame
Makes 1 loaf
- 4 medium bananas, 6 - 7" long
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or milk of choice with a squeeze of lemon
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1 tablespoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Organic Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 tsp Oat&Sesame pumpkin pie spice (see website)
- 1/2 cup ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup 1 cup toasted pecan or walnuts + more for topping
- Line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with a strip of parchment paper overhanging the short ends for easy bread removal. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with buttermilk, eggs and pumpkin spice extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add coconut oil and mix on low until coconut oil disappears into a pebbly powder.
- Add banana mixture and continue mixing only until the flour disappears. Fold in nuts, reserving some to top the bread.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake until well risen and golden brown, approximately 55 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Drizzle
- 1 tablespoon 1 Tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Oat&Sesame pumpkin pie spice
- Once the bread has cooled, combine all ingredients, whisk until smooth and drizzle over the top.