If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almond Cake with Hibiscus Glaze – crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee. —Angelina Papanikolaou
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons loose dried hibiscus leaves
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease bundt pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream sugar and eggs until pale.
- Mix in melted butter and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, flour, and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan (mixture will be thick). Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, steep hibiscus tea with boiling water. Let sit 3-5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar to a medium mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup of hibiscus tea and whisk until smooth (there should be no clumps of sugar).
- Place cake on a cooling rack over parchment paper. Slowly pour over cooled cake, letting excess glaze drip onto parchment paper.
- Carefully transfer cake to cake stand and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: