Author Notes: White Chocolate Blondies – chewy, dense, not-too-sweet. The perfect Spring time dessert! —Angelina Papanikolaou
cups whole wheat pastry flour
teaspoons baking powder
ounces white chocolate chips
teaspoons vanilla extract
powdered sugar, optional
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan, slowly melt butter and one third of the white chocolate chips over low heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat as soon as butter and chocolate chips are melted.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and light. Add butter and white chocolate mixture, beating until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Fold in remaining white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Optional Once cooled completely, dust with powdered sugar before serving.