If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: SQUID - Hot and Fast is something I make once a week. It's so easy and so fast and so good. —Nekisia Davis
Serves probably two
- 1 pound Squid tubes and tentacles
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon GOOD chili oil - I love Sicilian chilies in sunflower oil! Belaria makes a verdion of these sold at Bklyn Larder.
- 1/2 lemon
- handful Italian flat leaf parsley
- I buy squid from Mermaid's Garden in Prospect Heights. It's the most delicious and right from waters on the east coast.
- First, defrost the squid.
- Then cut the tubes into rings about 1/2 inch wide.
- COMPLETELY dry off squid.
- Heat a cast iron pan until she's pretty hot - almost full heat.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the hot pan but get ready with that squid so you don't smoke out your kitchen.
- Add squid to the pan, make sure each piece is touching the cast iron - but don't mess with it too much.
- Let it chill for about 60 seconds, then toss around a bit.
- You want to get a bit of color on that one side, then toss, then it's done.
- Take squid off heat and put into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with a fair amount of GOOD chili oil.
- Squeeze a couple slices of lemon into the squid.
- Give her a nice couple of pinches of kosher salt. (Don't be shy)
- Throw in a handful of chopped parsley.
- Give that all a toss and then put into two shallow bowls and serve!
- ENJOY! (Does not have to be enjoyed hot - can chill to room temp or it's pretty good cold, too)