If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This lentils chili has robust flavor and mild heat. Perfect for taste buds on all scales, plus is it quick and easy to make.
- 8 ounces dried brown lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, medium
- 5 cloves, garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 64 ounces cartons low sodium chicken stock
- 29 ounces no-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 24 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Once boiling add lentils and simmer on high for 30 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, add olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add diced red pepper till soft, approximately 2 minutes then add chopped cilantro and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and bay leaf, bring to a boil.
- Add chili powder, sea salt and pepper and continue to boil for approximately 10 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- Add cooked, drained lentils cover and simmer for 20 minutes.