If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are pressed for time, these yummy cookies can be whipped up in lightening speed! And, more than likely you will have all the ingredients on hand. This is my grandma’s recipe, so it MUST be good, right?? They are, and possibly my favorite version. The center is sightly soft, so don't expect dry or crumbly cookies here. If you prefer, the peanut butter can be easily substituted for any other nut butter. (also on my blog: www.irresistiblyGF.com) —IrresistiblyGlutenFree
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (or a different nut butter)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Instant or Rolled Oats (optional)
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand or standing mixer, add the peanut butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed for two minutes. Add the egg, salt and vanilla, and mix until combined (scraping down the sides when needed). Reduce the speed to low and add the oats and chocolate chips. Mix until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop out a spoonful and roll the dough into a ball using your palms. Place on the cookie sheet. With a fork, lightly press down vertically and horizontally crossing in the middle (avoid crossing over the chocolate chips).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the cookies sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Once completely cooled, serve!