Think of it as pesto, but with squash instead of basil, etc.
Think of it as pesto, but with squash instead of basil, etc.—stephen
cup acorn(or any other) pre-coocked squash puree
tablespoons melted or very soft butter
cup grated parmesan cheese
cups penne(or any other pasta)
salt & pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Cook pasta according to package to desired doneness.
- Drain pasta saving cooking water.
- Combine pasta, butter, squash and cheese in the pot you cooked the pasta in.
- Toss over low heat to combine.
- Keep tossing and add enough reserved cooking water to get a silky but not too runny sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional cheese grated and pepper over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe