If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a 3rd generation recipe created by my grandmother, that also serves as a master pudding recipe for any cream based pie (Chocolate, Coconut, Banana...). While this recipe is great served cold, it is a CARDINAL SIN to miss out on the heavenly experience of eating it warm. Whether it is served as a pie or pudding - Always warm first! On the rare occasion that the bowl is not polished off, bump it into the fridge for a great cold snack the next day. —laine meek
cups Half n Half
- Mix 1st 3 ingredients (Dry)
- Mix egg & Half n Half (Wet)
- Mix Dry and Wet Together
- Heat mixture over Med-Hi heat (stirring continuously until thick)
- Remove Pudding from heat & add butter and vanilla. Mix to incorporate.
- Layer in serving dish: Wafers, Bananas, Pudding (x2)
- For an over the top experience: Beat the egg whites with 1/2 tsp Cr o Tarter, vanilla and 4 TBSP sugar, Top the pudding and bake in the Oven at 425 til meringue is brown!