Author Notes: This is a 3rd generation recipe created by my grandmother, that also serves as a master pudding recipe for any cream based pie (Chocolate, Coconut, Banana...). While this recipe is great served cold, it is a CARDINAL SIN to miss out on the heavenly experience of eating it warm. Whether it is served as a pie or pudding - Always warm first! On the rare occasion that the bowl is not polished off, bump it into the fridge for a great cold snack the next day. —laine meek
cups Half n Half
- Mix 1st 3 ingredients (Dry)
- Mix egg & Half n Half (Wet)
- Mix Dry and Wet Together
- Heat mixture over Med-Hi heat (stirring continuously until thick)
- Remove Pudding from heat & add butter and vanilla. Mix to incorporate.
- Layer in serving dish: Wafers, Bananas, Pudding (x2)
- For an over the top experience: Beat the egg whites with 1/2 tsp Cr o Tarter, vanilla and 4 TBSP sugar, Top the pudding and bake in the Oven at 425 til meringue is brown!